Examples of what we’ve done
- CONTENT MARKETING/EDITORIAL
- Public relations
- Marketing & PR strategy
- Special events
We excel at finding the right words to influence your target audience. We write advertising copy, blog posts, website copy, articles, social media content, white papers, case studies, and more. Below are some recent samples of client work. If better content is something you can use, contact us and let's talk.
- White paper for major aerospace manufacturer. When the world's largest aerospace company needed targeted content to help drive sales leads for one of its fastest-growing business units, MKD Strategic provided the subject-matter expertise, writing the content for a four-part white paper series. The white papers are the centerpiece of a content marketing strategy with a major publisher to pull in prospects and generate leads.
- Advertorial for Fauquier County & Vint Hill. A joint media buy gave two of our clients the chance to provide a 600-word article to Executive Global magazine, which has international reach and a readership of more than 100,000. We tailored a piece for the target audience: C-Suite executives and investors that may be interested in following France's largest cloud-computing company--and the third largest in the world--to Fauquier and Vint Hill.
- Ad Copy For Vint Hill. We work hard to maximizing the impact of our clients' marketing dollars. This Vint Hill full-page ad, presented like a news story, is one example of leveraging a strong outlet--in this case, a regional magazine with a targeted readership of 10,000--to tell the story of Vint Hill's emergence as a cultural and economic hub.
- Prospectus For Sale Of Business. A client looking to sell a business with revenues that exceeded $500,000 annually asked us to re-write a prospectus with the goal of converting prospects into buyers. We took the existing content, added some new wrinkles (including a personalized letter from the founders), and delivered a revised plan. It worked: The business sold in just a few months.
- Editorial Copy For Trade Association. A major aviation trade association was asked to provide a series of articles for ICAO Journal, the magazine of record for the International Civil Aviation Organization. We researched and wrote the pieces, weaving the association's message into the articles.
From one-time press-outreach efforts to carefully crafted ongoing strategies, public and media relations are part of our core competencies. Below are a few examples of what we've done for clients. Contact us to learn how we can make PR work for you.
- Client donation of 3D printers to schools. Our client, Vint Hill Village LLC, saw a need in community's middle schools to expose students to more cutting-edge technology. It decided to purchase and donate 3D printers and other equipment to create innovation labs at five schools. Working with Vint Hill and local school officials, we helped get the word out, using a press release and the client's website, and then leveraged the media coverage in a social media awareness drive. The social push reached 10,000 local residents and generated 500 engagements (comments, likes, and shares), amplifying the earned media coverage.
- Town Of Warrenton Economic Development: When Warrenton got word that it would receive a $600,000 economic development program loan from the Commonwealth of Virginia to support a $2.4 million project to open a new microbrewery, MKD Strategic developed the media outreach plan. We wrote and distributed a press release (via BusinessWire and directly to contacts) and covered the governor's press event making the formal announcement, including videography. The outreach generated coverage throughout the region, including articles in local outlets as well as microbrew industry-specific publications.
- Association survey press outreach. The Aviation Technical Education Council (ATEC) needed to get the word out about a survey of its members--schools that train airplane mechanics. We worked with its leadership to develop a press release that talked about not just the results, but more importantly, what they mean to the aviation industry. We also identified the top trade and mainstream media outlets likely to be interested in the story.
No matter how large or small the budget, great marketing and PR campaigns should start with a plan. We develop specific strategies and tactics--such as single campaigns or media (advertising) plans--as well as comprehensive overviews that will help you reach your organizational goals. Check out some of our specific projects below, and don't hesitate to ask us if you believe we can help you.
- UVACCU Regional Marketing Plan. When UVA Community Credit Union (assets: $790 million) expanded into three new counties in 2016, its leadership turned to us for guidance on how to best capitalize on the new opportunities. We created a customized media plan with recommended advertising, sponsorship, and community outreach; created ads to support the plan; managed tactics such as direct mailers targeted to customers and prospects; and supported local events such as a branch ribbon-cutting.
- Digital/PR Outreach For Wine Competition. Each February, Fauquier County hosts a regional wine-tasting competition. Tasked with getting the word out to generate ticket sales and post-event press, we use an integrated social media strategy, including Facebook posts and paid ads, as well as press outreach. The event has sold out each year, drawing hundreds of paid attendees to what has become must-attend event for local wine lovers.
- Content Marketing Software Analysis. A renowned regional education institution tapped us to break down content marketing software as part of a strategic shift in its marketing efforts. We analyzed several tools and wrote up a detailed report, complete with our recommendations on which software would integrate best with the organization's plan and budget.
We plan, market and manage special events, ranging from corporate client-appreciation gatherings to full-fledged street festivals. Read about our signature event below, and contact us if there's room on your calendar for an unforgettable event.
- Vint Hill Fall Festival. Launched in 2015 from scratch, the annual Vint Hill Fall Festival, a day-long street fair featuring live performers, food trucks, and vendors from around the region, has become both a signature event for our client and a much-anticipated local happening. The 2015 event drew about 3,000 attendees and 100 vendors. The 2016 edition grew to 8,000 attendees (+167%) and 150 vendors (+50%). MKD Strategic manages all planning, logistics and marketing for the event.