Three Content Marketing Tips For Success!
By Crystal McKinsey
#1: Think Beyond the Written Word
Get creative with your content and think beyond the standard 250-300 word blog post. You can diversify your content marketing plan by incorporating:
- Short videos
- Downloadable case studies
- Guest blog posts
These are just a few ideas to help you get started. Add in one or two and track engagement. You’ll be glad you did. See you tomorrow.
#2: Create a Content Marketing Plan
A documented content marketing strategy is an essential part of your success. Rather than simply winging it as you go along, set aside some time to write a content marketing plan. The plan should answer the following questions:
- Why am I launching a content marketing strategy?
- Who am I trying to reach?
- What will I write about?
- How will I define success?
- When will I post?
Once you’ve answered the questions above, put your plan in calendar format. It can be as simple as an excel spreadsheet with columns for date of publication, topic and keywords to include in each post.
Note, sixty-one percent of marketers list not having enough time as their key content marketing challenge. Having a plan in place in advance will save you time and keep you on track.
#3: Market your content marketing!
Writing great content is just the first step in a solid content marketing plan. Getting it seen is the next step. Here are several ways you can share your content with others:
- Add your blog headline to a “What’s New” or “Newsfeed” on the homepage of your website.
- Share your blog via Social Media outlets (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Add a blog link to an e-newsletter.
- Add a link to your latest blog post in the signature line of your email.
Remember, great content unread is, well, great content unread. Happy sharing.